ICP-Analysis.com Scam or Legit?

bgoldb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a 2 test pack from the website in the title of this thread and received back ridiculous results. As my recent Triton labs tests were showing elevated levels of tin, I was interested in determining the source of the metal and wanted to find out if it could be coming from my RODI water (which I highly doubted as I test 0 TDS with 2 different meters) or possibly my fresh saltwater (Red Sea Coral Pro). I followed the instructions, or lack thereof, and mailed the samples to the address provided. While my NSW measurements were possible although not plausible (huge variances from the measurements that Red Sea now provides with their containers of salt) my RODI report (attached) was completely ridiculous and had higher levels of sodium, calcium, chlorine and magnesium than my NSW. Does anyone else have experience with this water testing service and how were your results?

Attachments

• Tank Report 8-14-2017 12_20_09 PM.pdf
    99.5 KB · Views: 167

Keiffer the reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a 2 test pack from the website in the title of this thread and received back ridiculous results. As my recent Triton labs tests were showing elevated levels of tin, I was interested in determining the source of the metal and wanted to find out if it could be coming from my RODI water (which I highly doubted as I test 0 TDS with 2 different meters) or possibly my fresh saltwater (Red Sea Coral Pro). I followed the instructions, or lack thereof, and mailed the samples to the address provided. While my NSW measurements were possible although not plausible (huge variances from the measurements that Red Sea now provides with their containers of salt) my RODI report (attached) was completely ridiculous and had higher levels of sodium, calcium, chlorine and magnesium than my NSW. Does anyone else have experience with this water testing service and how were your results?

I used their service. Sulfur was the element that came back crazy. First test was 1/2 their recommendation (their recommendation is not natural sea water levels). I added 130ppm ( if my calves were right). The next sample came back crazy high (200x recommended levels). I am going to try triton next time and see if I get better consistency.

Shigshwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if my results were off too. I just received my results from them today, after purchasing their test kit locally. My calcium and magnesium came back rather low, at 418 and 1180 ppm respectively, but Salifert tests show much higher levels.

bloodlimit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking through the website mentioned and the company gives more information on their ISO standard, calibration procedures, quality control, natural sea water reports. This seems more reliable than another big name ICP test company.

This cant conclude how accurate they have, but I suggest you should never trust aquarium test kits.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If that posted result was indeed for RO/DI water, then either you or they made a clerical mistake and substituted a seawater sample or result, or something more serious is wrong.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used their service. Sulfur was the element that came back crazy. First test was 1/2 their recommendation (their recommendation is not natural sea water levels). I added 130ppm ( if my calves were right). The next sample came back crazy high (200x recommended levels). I am going to try triton next time and see if I get better consistency.

Let us know what you find. :)

Sulfur/sulfate cannot bounce around by large amounts.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 112 81.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back