ICP- Analysis, Phosphorus issue

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just received my results and I dont really understand where those numbers are coming from. Phosphorus are 1589.051ppb? I use hanna checker every 2-3 days and they are in range of 0.04-0.06ppb. According to ICP my phosphates are 1589.051x3.066/1000 = 4.87ppb? that cannot be right. I use GFO in a reactor as well. Also surprising to me that they didn't even flagged it.

I emailed them to ask for an explanation but would like to see what you guys think about it?

Here are their results and a short video of my tank. Does anybody see anything else I need to worry about?

I see I need to start dosing Iodine.

Its quite disappointing that they don't test basics like: ALK, salinity and Nitrates.

Thank you for your time and help

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its quite disappointing that they don't test basics like: ALK, salinity and Nitrates.
Those basics are things you wouldn't want to do ICP for anyway, besides Alk and NO3 aren't ICP-doable tests.

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those basics are things you wouldn't want to do ICP for anyway, besides Alk and NO3 aren't ICP-doable tests.
The reason I would like to know those basics was to see how accurate my home tests are. ICP still didnt reply to my email and probably wont. Very disappointed with them, not to mention they lost my first test even when tracking info said that it was delivered to them.

BriansBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not trust or rely on an ICP that you send out for testing phosphate. We test Orthophosphate in the hobby and it has a max hold time of 48 hours from collection for an accurate reading.

I do some orthophosphate lab testing for work, and it is preferred to collect the sample and test within 30 min.

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I would like to know those basics was to see how accurate my home tests are. ICP still didnt reply to my email and probably wont. Very disappointed with them, not to mention they lost my first test even when tracking info said that it was delivered to them.
Right, I mean the alkalinity is a titration, and NO3 a chemical test. So they are likely running something very much like your own home kit.
It would be fun to know what happens with these lost samples, did they spill onto the floor of the lab? We can only imagine.

jdm85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ICP-Analysis.com HORRBILE at it's finest! I never received results for two separate tests I've sent them. I shipping FedEx express from Canada with tracking confirming my tests were delivered. Never got my results and never a reply to my e-mails.​

My personal experience with Aquaforest ICP was great, within 48hours of FedEx delivery I had my results.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back