ICP question

thesoulpatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to send in for an ICP test and i was wondering should i buy one for the tank water and one for the water that i make before a water change, in order to try and get close to that? (what my lfs said to do)

Also what is the difference between the two that are on brs and marine depot?

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to test both your tank water and source water (rodi), then ATI is the only one that does that. You get a kit with vials for both for i believe like $45

Dylan McKenzie Holloway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're looking to ICP test your fresh mixed saltwater and you happen to use Red sea salt you can go to the "mybatch" portion of their site to see an ICP test from your batch of salt. Other than that I wouldn't worry too much with ICP testing your fresh salt mix because is will be slightly different between buckets.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to send in for an ICP test and i was wondering should i buy one for the tank water and one for the water that i make before a water change, in order to try and get close to that? (what my lfs said to do)

Also what is the difference between the two that are on brs and marine depot?

Unless you are trying to track down a problem (like greatly elevated nickel), i don't see much utility to testing your new salt water all the time.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 168 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back