ICP question

saturn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been having some issues with random coral die off , chalices don't seem to like my water and certain zoas, usually the skirts seem to be pulled in or they close up completly and die off, a couple pics, the closed are LSOH, and the other pink diamomd. and my elegance not opening either. Numbers have been steady. Water changes about every two weeks. Does anyone think ICP test will show me anything that will help? And which brand is good?

temp 77.0
salinity 1.025, 33ppt
calcium 443 ppm up
alkalinity 9.3
phos 0.05
nitrate 10ppm
ph 8.3 good

Thanks,
Dan

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's possible you have something like heavy metals in the water that's causing the problem. That would be shown in an ICP. Personally I find ICP tests to be helpful.

I've had good success with Triton and ATI. Triton is probably the fastest in the US now that they have a lab here. If speed is a priority go that route, but otherwise I'd suggest going with ATI because it also includes a free RO/DI ICP test which is a nice bonus.

OP
OP
saturn13

saturn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's possible you have something like heavy metals in the water that's causing the problem. That would be shown in an ICP. Personally I find ICP tests to be helpful.

I've had good success with Triton and ATI. Triton is probably the fastest in the US now that they have a lab here. If speed is a priority go that route, but otherwise I'd suggest going with ATI because it also includes a free RO/DI ICP test which is a nice bonus.
Ok thanks, hopefully nothing too bad, my tds is 0 on output on my rodi, but im sure that is limited to what it identifies.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do an icp test just for piece of mind...also your alk maybe high due to your low nutrients,might want to consider lowering it

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back