Screenshot_20220120-220412_Google.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 19

CK00020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn’t the second one just like the one you have?
Wouldn’t you think if it’s the tank rusting you would have iron, I think Randy is right with the brass connector. They make plastic ones that go right on the tanks

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sent in my icp test for tank and RODI. initially couldn't find my rodi results but they posted them today. Some levels are very high. Use dual membranes, fresh BRS Carbon, 1 micron pre filter and Brs color changing resin. Water goes into rubber bladder storage tank where I took sample from. Here are results:
Report from my water company SCWA which is reputable states no trace of c these chemicals. Wonder if they could find myvresults so posted someone else's. Copper from rodi is 80 ppb but from aquarium test 2.069 ppb. Whats using up the copper?
Lead .323 ppb ro and from tank down to .039
Should I detox or metasorb? HELP

Screenshot_20220120-174049_Chrome.jpg
Were these results generated by ICP-Analysis? I think so because of the uranium data.

Before taking action to correct a possible nonexistent problem, repeat the analysis with ICP-Analysis. The goal is to confirm there is a real problem. Don’t go to another vendor because they are likely to report not detected and you won’t learn anything.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RODI water is reactive with everything it touches. The more 'pure' the water the more reactive and the quicker it's going to pull contaminates from the tank and all the exposed metal.

Have you ever cleaned that tank?

I would recommend just getting a plastic tank and not a bladder tank. Reputable companies will tell you the same. RODI shouldn't be going into bladder tanks.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were these results generated by ICP-Analysis? I think so because of the uranium data.

Before taking action to correct a possible nonexistent problem, repeat the analysis with ICP-Analysis. The goal is to confirm there is a real problem. Don’t go to another vendor because they are likely to report not detected and you won’t learn anything.

+1
ICP tests can become contaminated, and give incorrect values. For this reason they are often ran in triplicate in lab settings.

I doubt any of the labs we use for these ICP perform analysis in triplicate.

However, any metal touching RODI is a problem waiting to happen.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell, but will try and disassemble over weekend to get a better look. Could the metal faucet be the cause as well?

Any metal contact before the RO/DI is OK. Any metal contact after the RO/DI is not OK.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back