ICP Test. Your Silicon levels are too high.

  • Thread starter Thread starter SouthSko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I know this is an old thread, but...

Elevated silicon (probably silicate, but not 100% certain that is always the form present) is not that unusual, and unless you have a diatom problem, there is no concern (IMO).

I would not do anything about it unless you have seriously problematic diatoms.
I agree with Randy here. After looking at hundreds of ICP’s high silicon doesn’t appear to be very problematic. A lot of people have elevated levels. Some is good though. Excessive levels could potentially cause issue’s, but it’s not very common.

I personally run a Spectrapure Silicabuster Di Cartridge to keep mine on the lower end. Definitely helps get it down, but only if the problem is the source water. Sometimes different products and saltmix bring them in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new