ICP testing

furam28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hold degrees in applied math and chemistry and I have been a formulating chemist for 23 years with a very nice business.
Would you mind sharing what those degrees are? Since the strength of ICP-OES testing lies in the expertise of the person running and analyzing the tests, it is important to know what the qualifications of that person are.

I was almost ready to place an order for water testing through "ICP-Analysis.com" and then decided to do some basic internet digging. Turns out the owner of ICP-Analysis, and their sistem company, Stone Aquatics, is Steve Visser (is that you @cigarshark ?). Steve Visser also owns another company "Great White Bottling" (that shares the same address), whose primary product is third-party insurance on furniture you buy at Furniture Row. I have dealt with similar furniture insurance once before and I know what type of scam they are. Looks like Great White Bottling is no better. Read the reviews on Google and judge for yourself: https://www.google.com/search?q=gre...8#lrd=0x876b86a8fba9d54b:0x87496c369a261c26,1, . Here's more: https://www.pissedconsumer.com/great-white-bottling/RT-F.html

I wouldn't trust any water testing results from a company that has so many upset customers. Better to spend the extra $20 and send it to Triton.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a set of 4 tests after reading the announcement from reefbuilders. I posted the pdf results today if you want to see a sample report. In my particular case, my salifert test kits were implying my new bucket of AF salt is off (high Ca/Mg). The report at least seems to collaborate that. Some of the values read zero (Sr, P) which make me wonder if the salt is really low or whether that's an artifact of testing.

Some day in the future, I'll mail the same sample to ICP-Analysis and Triton and see what happens.

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put a bulk order in for 12 of these tests for our reefing club. I guess I'm a little concerned after reading this thread. I've already had issues with them responding to my emails and actually getting them shipped to me. It's been almost 4 months since the last post in this thread; does anyone have any good stories to share with either their service or the quality of the product?

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only sent in 1 test so far. I mailed it on a Wednesday and got my results the next Monday. By comparison the Triton results I mailed the same day had just arrived at the US depot and were shipped to Germany on Monday. So turn around time is a big plus.

Results-wise: Both test reports were pretty close except for Mg which showed to be much lower on ICP-Analysis.com (1253) than my Salifert (1320) or Triton (1359) results.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone have any good stories to share with either their service or the quality of the product

They have changed the format of their report recently [see attachment]. A few months ago had reports of bogus Sulfur readings and a few more recently. The last thread I read, the OP said ICP-Analysis agreed the test was bogus and agreed to re-do it. The results now come from an icp-analysis.com address rather than the owner's greatwhitebottling.com or icloud.com email address.

The cost is still 3/5 that of a Triton report.

Attachments

• ICP_Cad_July.pdf
    77 KB · Views: 259

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So using CoralVue for ICP testing, its all through ICP-Analysis.com? Is it safe and accurate to use them? Been looking for someone within the US to get some testing done and this so far is all I've found. Thoughts please. Thanks Joe

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So using CoralVue for ICP testing, its all through ICP-Analysis.com? Is it safe and accurate to use them? Been looking for someone within the US to get some testing done and this so far is all I've found. Thoughts please. Thanks Joe

Yes, CoralVue is their "distributor" though you can go to icp-analysis.com and order the tests. Safe as in, "will they steal my money?" Yeah, safe enough. Accurate as in, "Will they give me a close ball park of the major elements in my tank?" Yeah, accurate enough.

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have changed the format of their report recently [see attachment]. A few months ago had reports of bogus Sulfur readings and a few more recently. The last thread I read, the OP said ICP-Analysis agreed the test was bogus and agreed to re-do it. The results now come from an icp-analysis.com address rather than the owner's greatwhitebottling.com or icloud.com email address.

The cost is still 3/5 that of a Triton report.
Are you satisfied with your overall results using ICP-Analysis.com? I just ordered a kit to get my 220 tested. Figured for the quick turn around time and low cost it was worth a shot.

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone else do any tests recently? I think I am going to give ICP-anaylsis a try
I used them and had a very fast turn around time. Major elements that I test for were spot on. Calcium was a bit off, API kit works out to 440 ICP test showed 392 but I was too concerned with that as Im now running it a bit higher at 460. Everything else was great though.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to throw our hat in the ring.

We do offer alkalinity in our kit (corrected, it's not an IC test as originally stated)
We also offer other missing data like nitrates (and multiple others) which our competitors do not offer
We also offer free RODI water testing with your ATI Labs kit
Every 3rd test is an industry standard to ensure accuracy. If the results are out of spec the machines is calibrated
We also offer a shipping label included in the kit so you do not have the additional cost of shipping.

Our machines are operated by a PhD Chemist Dr Ben Funk in Germany on 2 specially modified top of the line SPECTRO ARCOS ICP-oes machines.

Dr Ben also reviews each and every test himself and notates them with advice if needed.

In stock and ready to ship at MarineDepot.com!

Last edited:

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just to throw our hat in the ring.

We do offer alkalinity in our kit via IC Ionchromatograph
We also offer other missing data like nitrates (and multiple others) which our competitors do not offer
We also offer free RODI water testing with your ATI Labs kit
Every 3rd test is an industry standard to ensure accuracy. If the results are out of spec the machines is calibrated
We also offer a shipping label included in the kit so you do not have the additional cost of shipping.

Our machines are operated by a PhD Chemist Dr Ben Funk in Germany on 2 specially modified top of the line SPECTRO ARCOS ICP-oes machines.

Dr Ben also reviews each and every test himself and notates them with advice if needed.

In stock and ready to ship at MarineDepot.com!

Awesome. Does it have to be RODI or could it be a fresh sample of mixed water?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Does it have to be RODI or could it be a fresh sample of mixed water?

Hello Cody,
By fresh sample of mixed water do you mean fresh made saltwater? I would suspect Dr Ben would be ok with this if he knew ahead of time. You can email him at labor@ (REMOVE THIS) ATIAquaristik.com and let him know your intentions. Ideally you would have already purchased the kit and can provide him the serial number so he has a record.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello Cody,
By fresh sample of mixed water do you mean fresh made saltwater? I would suspect Dr Ben would be ok with this if he knew ahead of time. You can email him at labor@ (REMOVE THIS) ATIAquaristik.com and let him know your intentions. Ideally you would have already purchased the kit and can provide him the serial number so he has a record.

Yup that is what I meant. Thank you!

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I order this from Canada and get my water tested?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I order this from Canada and get my water tested?

Funny you should ask! I just had a conference call today with Canada Post trying to work out a shipping option we could offer for Canadian customers. At this time only a USPS shipping label is included but we are trying to make it easy for Canadian customers. If we cannot get a postage method worked out, we may just end up with an exclusive dealer in Canada that consolidates and ships to Germany on our behalf.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back