• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Icy Blue Bounce Mushroom

nick_md

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an unknown mushroom prone to "bouncing" that I picked up about 9 months ago that has had a fair number of offspring I'd like to sell. The offspring for sale are about 1.5" in diameter. Any help with identification or appropriate pricing is appreciated!!

IcyBlueBounce_1.jpg

Here are 2 mother shrooms with less lighting (left) and more intense lighting feat. special friend (right)
mother_1.JPG IMG_6264 cropped.jpeg

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest man, it’s really hard to tell. It’s definitely unique and I’d love to have one, I saw it was selling on eBay for 65 but didn’t sell. Yet pretty much if a coral isn’t attached to a name brand, it’s hard to get good money out of it. People who drop the big money do it based off names and who the coral “originates from.” I have seen and own many “bounce” mushrooms” that look cooler than the name brand bounces, yet no one will buy them cause they have no confirmation as to what it is. That’s just the mentality of people who buy these shrooms, no disrespect at all to them tho cause I’m one of them haha. Are you looking to sell some?

OP
OP
nick_md

nick_md

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I put it up on ebay and it didn't sell. The $65 was a random number I threw out there to start it off. I can't say I'm surprised because it was the first item for sale in my account so I have 0 reviews... not sure I would want to be the first buyer either haha

I did sell one of these shrooms to a local reef keeper for $80 (no $40-45 shipping of course). In the future I hope to put multiple corals on ebay at once to make shipping less of a barrier or put individual corals for sale here on reef2reef.

The unique colors and the bounces make me want to get a minimum of $80 for each mushroom - though I know people on here would likely scoop it up for much more (as a student, I'd love any extra cash to invest in my system but anything over $200 for a single coral frag I find to be ridiculous....even if selling not buying)

I do have more of this variety on hand!

AndrewRichards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I put it up on ebay and it didn't sell. The $65 was a random number I threw out there to start it off. I can't say I'm surprised because it was the first item for sale in my account so I have 0 reviews... not sure I would want to be the first buyer either haha

I did sell one of these shrooms to a local reef keeper for $80 (no $40-45 shipping of course). In the future I hope to put multiple corals on ebay at once to make shipping less of a barrier or put individual corals for sale here on reef2reef.

The unique colors and the bounces make me want to get a minimum of $80 for each mushroom - though I know people on here would likely scoop it up for much more (as a student, I'd love any extra cash to invest in my system but anything over $200 for a single coral frag I find to be ridiculous....even if selling not buying)

I do have more of this variety on hand!
hi pm me i would like to buy

OP
OP
nick_md

nick_md

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just posted in the for sale forum of marketplace if anyone was interested!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back