ID a crab

NaturalReefOZ

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2019
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

Can you help me to id this little ugly hitchhiker. Someone was eating my zoas one by one and I suspect this guy. (I had 2 of them coming with live rocks). Both are in the sump now, but wanted to check if anyone can identify it. (first time see a crab like this).

IMG_0054.jpg
 
Looks sort of like a decorator crab. If so I dont think hes your culprit. @KJ
 
Cool, thanks! I did some research and it looks like a one called as spider decorator crab. It’s definitely not reef safe as people had it eating recordeas. I do still suspect he is a culprit. I will put my colony with 2 remaining zoas (used to have 15 :-( ) back and see how it goes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new