OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spongexcel came in today but will hold off until I get the test kit and some more info. There seems to be a wealth of info but a lot of it is contradicting.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people do a multi-attack.
UV by forcing the Dino into water column (disturbing sandbed)
Silica by encouraging diatoms.
Raising nutrients.
Goodluck, many people beat dinos including me. What I think helped me the most was the uv. But I had a different type.

OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people do a multi-attack.
UV by forcing the Dino into water column (disturbing sandbed)
Silica by encouraging diatoms.
Raising nutrients.
Goodluck, many people beat dinos including me. What I think helped me the most was the uv. But I had a different type.
Thank you, ive removed my skimmer cup to raise nutrients, have been dosing microbacter7, adding pods, phyto, and will start dosing silicates. I removed my uv because of the heat and the type of dinos but will also put that back eventhough its just a cheap in tank type. Any advice on dosing the spongexcel the bottle says to start slow as to not cause a diatom bloom but if thats what i want how much should i start with.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, ive removed my skimmer cup to raise nutrients, have been dosing microbacter7, adding pods, phyto, and will start dosing silicates. I removed my uv because of the heat and the type of dinos but will also put that back eventhough its just a cheap in tank type. Any advice on dosing the spongexcel the bottle says to start slow as to not cause a diatom bloom but if thats what i want how much should i start with.
I bought the jeboa uv, works well with dinos.
I can't say much about dosing silicates, I never have. But with anything, I think going slow is always better. When is your test kit coming in?
And about all the other stuff your doing, great, keep it up. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back