ID help please. Ich??

ParrotHead310

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fox face has small spot with a larger white ring around it. White ring is more prominent with lights off. 2 year old mixed reef tank. Nothing new in the tank in 6mos. Fox face was put in 8/9mos ago. Acting and eating normally.

C7D367CC-36FD-4D73-B1D1-8C87582965FC.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Fox face has small spot with a larger white ring around it. White ring is more prominent with lights off. 2 year old mixed reef tank. Nothing new in the tank in 6mos. Fox face was put in 8/9mos ago. Acting and eating normally.

C7D367CC-36FD-4D73-B1D1-8C87582965FC.jpeg
This is an injury of some sort. Can be a tail strike from a tang, a sting from anemone or puncture from urchin or injury on rock or other object. While it should heal on its own, it appears superficial and you at minimum want to add Ruby Rally Pro to tank and keep an eye on it for healing.
If it gets worse, treatment will be warranted in a separate treatment tank using seachem Kanaplex

OP
OP
ParrotHead310

ParrotHead310

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an injury of some sort. Can be a tail strike from a tang, a sting from anemone or puncture from urchin or injury on rock or other object. While it should heal on its own, it appears superficial and you at minimum want to add Ruby Rally Pro to tank and keep an eye on it for healing.
If it gets worse, treatment will be warranted in a separate treatment tank using seachem Kanaplex
Gotcha. So not necessary to quarantine just yet? The reviews on BRS for ruby rally make me a bit nervous number of people reporting it killing off their stock. If it gets worse I’ll plan to put in QT with kanaplex. Thanks for the insight and recs. Does ich present and a number of small white spots?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Gotcha. So not necessary to quarantine just yet? The reviews on BRS for ruby rally make me a bit nervous number of people reporting it killing off their stock. If it gets worse I’ll plan to put in QT with kanaplex. Thanks for the insight and recs. Does ich present and a number of small white spots?
Ive been using ruby rally for a few years and recommend it to many who experience success with its use.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 133 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back