ID help with asterisk snail

saltwaterswiftie

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2023
Messages
54
Reaction score
16
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this astrea snail walking around with these weird white cylinder shaped things. Is this snail poop, eggs, something I should be concerned about?


Sorry the pictures are so blurry
IMG_1562.jpeg IMG_1563.jpeg IMG_1564.jpeg
 
Can't tell from the photos but I would take the snail out, remove them completely and then keep an eyd on the snail to be sure they don't come back.

It might be an algae, or a tube worm, but I'd remove them to prevent regrets later.
 
I have this astrea snail walking around with these weird white cylinder shaped things. Is this snail poop, eggs, something I should be concerned about?


Sorry the pictures are so blurry
IMG_1562.jpeg IMG_1563.jpeg IMG_1564.jpeg
I believe tube worms. Remove snail and place in container of tank water and brush or scrape off and return snail to the tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new