ID needed - new corals and forgot to write down what I bought.

  • Thread starter Thread starter yourmom
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

yourmom

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2020
Messages
233
Reaction score
193
Location
Katy, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New kid here- Struggling to figure out filters, sorry for the picture quality. The one on the peg is red and the other is kind of hot pink/fuchsia.

Also concerned about the coloring on the red one, I didn’t notice until I got it in the tank but it looks to have a gray/brown area or two. Is this anything of concern or just part of the transition?
25860A2E-B493-4225-98B7-2589D4F04E33.jpeg
7B1467F1-694B-4A4E-AD49-7016455FB42E.jpeg
1F0A9672-70AB-4423-A0A8-E3BEC3847209.jpeg
BF3C3C5B-2CBE-4108-8CB3-47405098814C.jpeg
 
First I'm not sure on, except that it's a LPS and probably stings like heck. Second looks like a zoanthid or palythoas. Those can be toxic, but some basic common sense (don't handle them with bare hands, don't vigorously scrub or boil anything they're on, don't aim them right at your eyes just as you remove them from the water) is all you need. Same precautions you should take with any coral and live rock.
 
Thanks- in doing some google image searches I think it’s a war coral and a zoanthid. Any problems with the discolored spots on the war coral? I had to pull some hitchhikers off with tweezers and might have damaged it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new