ID on a bubble coral

Costareefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2019
Messages
198
Reaction score
143
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello friends. I have this bubble coral that I can’t decide if it’s physogyra Lichtensteini or plerogya sinuosa. The “bubble” on this coral is irregular suggesting physogyra but the shape and size of the “bubbles” indicate plerogyra. Here a couple pics

9B59150F-6652-4D00-BBDE-B6CF5F9E5FD6.jpeg B6F33196-7408-4196-A25C-0C4ECCC0FAFA.jpeg
 
Pleogyra or "classic bubble" corals have bubbles ~1 cm in diameter, physogyra or "pearl bubble" have much smaller bubbles, judging on its apparent size comparedto those clove polyps leads me to believe you have a pleogyra :).
 
Can we see it closed up? Plerogyra is flabello-meandroid while Physogyra is meandroid.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new