ID on new 'shrooms please

miniwhinny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Well I hoped to introduce myself on a thread before I posted but I kind of need some help so this will be my first post :bigsmile:

I purchased these last night. There are three maybe 4 polyps on a small rock. I didn't have my glasses on when I was shopping so I bought them because of their stunning colors. I was told they were hairy mushrooms. When I got them home I knew they weren't hairys but I have no idea what they are (just starting in shrooms)

Can anyone help me ID these beauties. I can't capture their color. They are irridescent green and pink.

These pics were taken last night when they were pretty ticked off...and I had to use flash

thread69.jpg

thread70.jpg

and this was taken just with the lights on for about 30 mins

thread71.jpg

I'd love to have an ID just so I know where to put them. Right now they are mid tank right under a 150 MH

Thank you.

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is a yuma Ricordia. the placment should be med flow with med to high light. the yuma needs a good bit more light then a regular shroom in order to keep best color

PS: WELCOME TO REEF2REEF I have no doubt your going love it here

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

miniwhinny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOw, I had a feeling they were yumas after seeing them this morning. I feel quite lucky...I got the bunch for $15 !!!! Thanks for welcoming me. I'll start a tank thread so I can share. It's a 'shroom only tank so should I post it on this forum?

Thanks for the ID and welcome.

Oh...so do you think I should leave them where they are...it's low flow, mid tank about 10 inches under a 150MH?

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOw, I had a feeling they were yumas after seeing them this morning. I feel quite lucky...I got the bunch for $15 !!!! Thanks for welcoming me. I'll start a tank thread so I can share. It's a 'shroom only tank so should I post it on this forum?

Thanks for the ID and welcome.

Oh...so do you think I should leave them where they are...it's low flow, mid tank about 10 inches under a 150MH?

15 bucks was a steal. good eye.

as for placement you should be good to go as is. just watch for them lifting off the rock trying to float away. if they do they do not like something and you may have to play around with placement. the yuma is super easy to keep once acclimated but can be difficult in some tankes to get to that point.

Back