ID On No Clue TBH

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Gist of the story winter pipe organ had been doing good, had fallen off and stopped opening and I had run into some swings and stuff so I assumed it was that. I picked it up today and saw these fuzzy white tube things growing off of it, and previously was the happiest coral in my tank producing new little polyps daily, now out of the whole coral 4 to 5 little polyps will open. What are these things, are they bad, can dip remove them, what to do... Any insight helps! Bonus there is a little brown thing on the flat side of the plug that looks like a microworm, Does anybody know what that is? I see them from time to time.
IMG_2676.jpeg
IMG_2678.jpg
IMG_2679.jpg
IMG_2680.jpg

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think they could be the cause of the unhappy coral or unlikely?
Extremely unlikely; they might irritate the polyps immediately around them a bit, but they definitely wouldn’t do that to the whole coral.
the whitish greenish things no they move, un sure what that is.
If they move, they’re definitely not vermetid snails. They may be some kind of large pods or something, I’m not sure.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Extremely unlikely; they might irritate the polyps immediately around them a bit, but they definitely wouldn’t do that to the whole coral.

If they move, they’re definitely not vermetid snails. They may be some kind of large pods or something, I’m not sure.
Agreed, vermetids don't move. . . well the snail inside does but they can't move locations. That said, having seen about a billion, I still think those are vermetids and seeing them move was a false memory. . . like The Berenstain Bears

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back