ID on what look like eggs on hammer

TheUnnofficialStreisand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question on ID. Got this tiny hammer frag, dipped and was taking some pics, saw these, what look like eggs? Going to try to brush them off with a toothbrush . Anyone have an idea?

IMG_1947.jpeg
IMG_1946.jpeg

OP
OP
TheUnnofficialStreisand

TheUnnofficialStreisand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it may be a bryozoan and some sponge - both should be harmless filter feeders.
Sweet, I knew about the sponge and I was excited for that I was just going to spend $$$ on a sponge but now do not have to, after looking up marine bryozoans I think you hit it on the head, eggs imo would be convex and these are concave. Someone on FB group said snail eggs to planarians - but I think I trust the voices on R2R more :) Cheers and thanks, will turn it around tomorrow and do some more investigating and maybe put the macro lens on...

OP
OP
TheUnnofficialStreisand

TheUnnofficialStreisand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, I knew about the sponge and I was excited for that I was just going to spend $$$ on a sponge but now do not have to, after looking up marine bryozoans I think you hit it on the head, eggs imo would be convex and these are concave. Someone on FB group said snail eggs to planarians - but I think I trust the voices on R2R more :) Cheers and thanks, will turn it around tomorrow and do some more investigating and maybe put the macro lens on...
BLUE ZOO: BRYOZOANS This was an interesting read. Jake Adams was not a huge fan of sponges - get it- this though, is all about bryozoans.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back