ID please... and thank you :)

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2014
Messages
15,113
Reaction score
22,472
Location
Dallas area
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI there! I have no clue what this actually is. I thought it was a lepto, but I have my doubts. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
12509140_1292006057491567_7411229753940324585_n.jpg
 
This is it when I first got it. This was 6 months ago- ish.
orange lepto and rainbow monti.jpg
 
Looks like a Lithophyllon to me by the way it is encrusting.

What throws me off is that it doesn't have any mouths. Just tentacles that I can see. And it's solid orange
 
Yep, it's a Lithophyllon, you can see multiple mouths in the first picture.

Ha! That made me look again real close. There ARE mouths!!! WOW I feel silly now for never noticing them. :confused: Thanks for the ID :D
 
Prices are truly a regional thing. Most lfs here can not get rid a tongue corals. Even if they sell them in the bargain frag bins.

Tongue corals run about 40-50 at my LFS for a 6inch+ piece. They sell ok, but mostly to people that think they are weird and interesting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new