ID please. Blue Broccoli coral?

BatmanGefle

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2016
Messages
27
Reaction score
7
Location
Sweden
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
can any of you ID this blue softie? LFS wasn't sure but, the name 'Broccoli coral' was thrown around a bit... But when I search that name I get quite a lot of different species as results, and my local swedish forum is dead silent on the matter so my hope is on you!

Softie.jpg


The head is blue with white, slightly golden, polyps. And as you can see on the picture, it doubles in size when the lights are out (from approx. 3cm to 6cm).
Neospongodes or Dendronephthya?

Thanks!
 
Agree. But since it's still quite small it's hard to tell (for me). Most pictures are of larger, more branched specimens...
 
It's gorgeous whatever it is!
 
IMG_4120.JPG

Got an even better pic last evening. It usually only stretches out like this when the lights are out/very very dim but apparently it liked it when I fed my fishes Massticks [emoji16]
 
It's an nps coral, needs phyto or fine food to live, dendronephtea I think.

Yep, most people I've talked to agree with Dendronephthya (and so do I) so I think the matter is settled now...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new