ID please Desjardini or not?

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2016
Messages
1,673
Reaction score
1,222
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had this guy for about two months now. Eating like a champ since day one. The LFS gal said it was a regular sailfin but I compared it to liveaquaria pics and felt it should be a desjardini. It was actually $30 more than other darker sailfins. Anyone wanna charm in?
Thanks in advance.
IMG_1479602007.988622.jpg

IMG_1479602026.624495.jpg
 
When small, it can be difficult to tell the difference and I've seen many mis identified. Agree that this one looks to be a Desjardini.
 
Yeap, they get big quick;)
 
It very well could be a regular, desjardini even as juveniles have "dots" along the top and bottom fins the thing that's throwing me off is that it has yellow on the top thats usually on a desjarni but a regular just as well could have it take a look at the stripes on the top and bottom fin see if there is breaks in the stripes
 
Thanks to all. I will take a better photo when I get a chance. This guy is little but he sure flashes a lot and does not back off from anyone lol
 
Now I'm confused, how big is he. I saw one a little over 2" yesterday that looked alot like yours.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new