Id please of this sps

  • Thread starter Thread starter rwreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2020
Messages
1,090
Reaction score
1,790
Location
Louisville
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Please help me to identify this coral. I purchased it but cannot recall its name.
1000007038.jpg
thanks!
 
At first look I would guess it's a LPS along the lines of Favia perhaps. Can you go the vendors site to look up the ID.
 
This name issue happens to me all the time.
bella thorne wiffle GIF
:smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
 
Leptoseris
That is mine:
IMG_3935.jpeg
 
2nd on Psammocora; I think I can see the petaloid tentacular lobes.
At first look I would guess it's a LPS along the lines of Favia perhaps. Can you go the vendors site to look up the ID.
I am going to go with Favites. Here is my War Coral Favites Lavendar & Red with green eyes, as a comparison. Really love this coral.

War Coral Favites.jpg
Yep. Not an sps
I don't think it's a Merulinid; there doesn't isn't a clear enough separation between the oral disc and the coenosarc that is common in this family; the yellow "dots" seem to be just differently colored stoma.

Looks kinda like a Leptoseris
Leptoseris
That is mine:
IMG_3935.jpeg
I don't think it's a Leptoseris either; the collines seem to be thecal ridges, not "wrinkles" as seen in Leptoseris.
Also, @Koty, that's a Favites cf. pentagona, not Leptoseris.
 
Thanks. Good to know. That was my LFS ID
 
You guys nailed it! Psammocora it is! I found this Tidal Garden video and it actually has this coral in the video. Thanks a bunch!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new