Id please

Markdickenschwanz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2022
Messages
23
Reaction score
49
Location
Poconos
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to Id this growth. Tank is about 8 months old. Started with dry rock. 40 gallon display with 10 gallon sump. Notice this growth on my rock for about 2 months. Steadily growing. Maroon/orange in color. Sponge ? Type of algae ? Doesn't come across as coralline. No coralline anywhere else
Thanks 20240609_123954.jpg 20240609_124007.jpg
 
Have you photos in white light please
 
can you blow it off with a baster/pipette? if so and it's stringy/goopy almost 100% cyano

whats your no3 and po4?
 
I’m guessing burgundy crust algae (Peyssonnelia sp.). It doesn’t look like cyano to me.
 
I’m guessing burgundy crust algae (Peyssonnelia sp.). It doesn’t look like cyano to me.
Burgundy crust algae doesn't blow off though right?

That's why it's mistaken for coralline algae from what I've seen
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new