ID Please

  • Thread starter Thread starter dansreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dansreef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
628
Reaction score
1,411
Location
Gilberts, IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

I am super paranoid these days when buying stuff from anyone. Today I bought a coral frag from a LFS. They have always had beautiful fish and corals. I have never had issues with them.

Anyway...I dip everything now. I also get the magnifying glass out and inspect like crazy.

Today I found egg masses under the plug as I was dipping. I snapped the coral off the plug and added it to a new one. I also dipped separately and kept it in dip a little longer than I usually do....about 10-11 mins. Here are a couple of iPhone pics:

image.jpg

image.jpg


I am 95% sure they are not AEFWs as their eggs are orange and compact. These are almost in a gelatin with small dark spots. If someone can help ID I would really appreciate. I don't have a coral QT....might have to rethink that... The coral frag was clean after dipping and no other signs of anything on it.
 
Hi Mike. Yeah... They are....were not AEFWs.... I have seen those first hand and these were not the same.
 
To me they almost look like a small flatworm from the pics
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new