ID please.

Kronic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone ID this? Guy told me it is a PPE. Favia maybe?
2015-05-30 19.46.39.jpg

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look like favia 2me

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look like favia 2me

^ would have been my top guess as well, but there is really no Favia like skeletal structure.

Might be Mycedium.

I am obviously not sure.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ would have been my top guess as well, but there is really no Favia like skeletal structure.

Might be Mycedium.

I am obviously not sure.

Looks like a favia type. Many favia start out encrusting before they start to form skeletons. Some in the favites are basically always encrusting.

As for being a PPE favia. Your frag is a bit small. But the PPE favia is unique looking. Is more of an encrusted favia. Hope i'm remembering correctly. It was actually thought to be a chalice when found. They called it event horizons. It has 4 colors. Blue body with lighter blue growth edge. They eyes are red-purple with a bright green ring around each eye.

OP
OP
Kronic

Kronic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it is a bit small and definitely has no skeletal structure yet, I see bright green around the edge of it but I think I'm seeing a little light blue forming around the edges. Looks like a dark purple inside the green and a lighter purple in the center of the polyps, or what I assume are the polyps as I can't seem to find a mouth on any of them yet. It was suggested on another site that it might be a Raptors type favia as well. I'll try to get a better pic when my gel filters arrive. Thanks for the help!

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as a PPE? What does that stand for? The only PPE I know is purple people eater, which is really confusing me :confused:

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PPE is purple people eater; it extends beyond just zoas.
PPE seems to be used far beyond the original purple people eater palys. Now they are green, blue, red people eaters. Any paly with a green mouth is classified as PE. Even agaves are a morph of PE. The favia. Base body is blue but looks purple under certain lights. You should be able is find info on ppe just be sure to add favia after it.

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PPE seems to be used far beyond the original purple people eater palys. Now they are green, blue, red people eaters. Any paly with a green mouth is classified as PE. Even agaves are a morph of PE. The favia. Base body is blue but looks purple under certain lights. You should be able is find info on ppe just be sure to add favia after it.
and all the agaves. but PPE is unique to one paly, purple PE.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 85 71.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back