Id required from microscope sample

Jasongtr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We appear to be winning the battle with SCA dinos, dosing silicates etc to promote diatoms, saw these what look like small flat worms on the scope slide, are these normal or anything to be concerned about?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20231004_172006.mp4
    57.6 MB

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a bristle worm, some kind of ciliate. I don't think we know enough about the ones present in the ocean or our tanks to classify them as good or bad, but they're small enough that their food is single celled organisms, so it's unlikely to be able to hurt bigger things. Detritivore is likely, though its food may actually be things living in the detritus.

OP
OP
Jasongtr

Jasongtr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a bristle worm, some kind of ciliate. I don't think we know enough about the ones present in the ocean or our tanks to classify them as good or bad, but they're small enough that their food is single celled organisms, so it's unlikely to be able to hurt bigger things. Detritivore is likely, though its food may actually be things living in the detritus.
Thank you

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back