id (species)

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
173
Location
maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone know what this one is? it has huge polyps and I dont think i have ever seen them closed more than in this pic (I moved it for the pic so its mad) its 3 colors of green, blue and purple
 
Last edited:
It's on photobucket so I can only look at a tiny picture of it from my phone but the tiny image I see resembles;

acropora horrida.

I'll try to look at it later from my computer to see it better.
 
I was guessing Acropora Solitaryensis, but like I said I am guessing..... allot of these look allot alike
 
I didnt think horrida was a tabling species?

It's not but yours is still too small to really say how it's structure will really turn out. Unless you know this came from a colony that was a tabling species. Usually tabling Acros frags will encrust something fierce before the branches take off.
 
I keep it on a 1 1/2" frag plug in the sand so the incrusting dosnt happen fast.... I have trimmed the inner branches out so they dont run into each other or this would be a blob
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new