I'd this clam/ bivalve

Cooterbrown

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2012
Messages
57
Reaction score
5
Location
Leavenworth , Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this guy for 2 years. And have never been able to get an I'd. He's obviously no photosynthetic but is about the size of a baseball and encrusted thick with coraline and NSF corals.
2b9f5553.jpg

be8e2ee7.jpg

I have a crocea and a duressa and a small oyster bed in my predator tank and this one looks nothing like any of them
 
I don't remember the name of it, but I have had one in the past. I actually didn't know it was alive till my rock started moving lol.
 
At first I thought you were asking about the hermit. lol! Then I saw the clam or whatever it is.
 
Ivehad turkey wings and they don't look like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
 
Ivehad turkey wings and they don't look like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm guess I was told wrong by the live rock supplier then .... mine looked exactly like that ..... and that is what they said they were .....
 
Looked it up ..... maybe I was remembering wrong .... that happens too.... but did find a picture of what mine were said to be along with an extremely similar looking one ......


"Turkey Wing Clam"
db_9_snailbivalve-dwculp.jpg


"Jewel Box Clam"
clam-buus.jpg
 
The turkey wing looks just like a wing. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new