ID this fish please

Ssdangeranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having trouble identifying this fish and finding info on it. Pet store says it's a golden striped cardinal but I can't find anything like it
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1388903280.646543.jpg

Oh and why is my aquarium cloudy. It's about 3 weeks old and almost fully cycled
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1388903326.995263.jpg

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you have an airstone running. Possibly micro bubbles are causing the cloudiness.
However have you done any testing of late. A tank that's not fully cycled, with very little rock & fish could mean ammonia. You have very little rock in which to home beneficial bacteria.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no safe zone for ammonia, it needs to be zero before adding livestock. A big water change and/or a treatment with Amquel or similar product is in order quickly. The fish may be alive but even low levels of ammonia can damage gills, kidneys and other internal organs, the effect of which may be seen later.

I'd be leary of any other advice from that LFS. No worry though there is an ample source of information here and other places on the net.

Good luck with your tank!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 44 61.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back