ID this glass clinger thingy

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hampton
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Hampton

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2013
Messages
143
Reaction score
8
Location
Panama City, Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea.

utarevy9.jpg


uvyne9a2.jpg


Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 
I can not tell by the image, so I am going to guess Stomatella, but that is only a guess.
 
Descibe what it looks like, the pic only shows its underside and it is impossible to tell from that?
Does it have a shell?
Could be a snail or some type of nudibranch
 
Looks like a Nudibranch with its frilly sides. But tough call being its a blurry picture.
 
1/8"
No Shell
Head with 2 antenna
Light purplish
Very little movement
Cilia (little hairs) on sides and maybe on back.

I have to look across a cylindrical tank to see it.
 
OK, it's gone, sort of. I plucked it off the side with a plastic spoon, the current swept it up, and my Blue Tank ate it. He has to know if it's good, right?
 
Do you have any corals that are similar color? They often imulate the corals they eat. I would do a search through any zoa colonies and other corals to look for more and also search for eggs, they can become an infestation quickly.
 
Do you have any corals that are similar color? They often imulate the corals they eat. I would do a search through any zoa colonies and other corals to look for more and also search for eggs, they can become an infestation quickly.

You mean like this light purplish guy?

yzygypab.jpg


Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new