ID this one please, good or bad?

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this snails as part of the CUC, but the guy sold me isn't sure are they good or bad.

IMG_3860.jpg IMG_3862.jpg IMG_3863.jpg IMG_3864.jpg IMG_3866.jpg IMG_3867.jpg IMG_3868.jpg
IMG_3867.jpg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta say, not sure. I do not trust too many snails that I do not know. Those could be a type of nassarius, but could also be in the unwelcome "welk" type instead. I would sump them until an expert takes a look. If they are good guys, they will like the sump too.

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta say, not sure. I do not trust too many snails that I do not know. Those could be a type of nassarius, but could also be in the unwelcome "welk" type instead. I would sump them until an expert takes a look. If they are good guys, they will like the sump too.
I just drop them hour ago in a box in the DT with holes on it to get flow in, but till yet they was in another box together with leather corals and the snails which are one post before this (I'm looking to ID both type of snails)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
When it is out of shell (opened up, post pic). The tube of a nassarius will be solid flesh colored. Tube of a whelk snail will be marked like tattoo work

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it is out of shell (opened up, post pic). The tube of a nassarius will be solid flesh colored. Tube of a whelk snail will be marked like tattoo work
unfortunately I was looking for that, but them tubes are too small and I wasn't able to see them at all, tomorrow I'll try to take the macroscope to observe them under in a container with water. Hope that will help me to ID them are they Whelk or no
P.S. So if I understand properly, only if they are whelks I have to worry about them ?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back