Id this worm

  • Thread starter Thread starter kevgib67
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2022
Messages
42,003
Reaction score
260,119
Location
Canfield, Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this worm on my glass and then it sent out many tentacles. As I was taking pictures my diamond watchman goby ate it.
3BAC6F25-C2F1-487D-92DD-DBE2002CD08B.jpeg
8EE72C81-DC20-463A-A859-5649880E581F.jpeg
 
Couldn't tell you, not with these pics. Guess we'll never know :(
My best guess would be a small medusa or peanut worm since you mentioned tentacles. Were the tentacles coming out of the front or somewhere else?
EDIT: Could've been a spaghetti worm too like you mentioned
 
Couldn't tell you, not with these pics. Guess we'll never know :(
My best guess would be a small medusa or peanut worm since you mentioned tentacles. Were the tentacles coming out of the front or somewhere else?
EDIT: Could've been a spaghetti worm too like you mentioned
The popped out so fast and my goby ate it. I did buy bristle and spaghetti worms for my tank a couple years ago. I’ve never seen a spaghetti worm since though. I have a feeling you don’t like bristle worms, I don’t know where I got that from though.
 
Alright I’m not playing around, I’m thinking a spaghetti worm, what do you say @ISpeakForTheSeas ?
Haha, sorry, been super busy - yeah, a Spaghetti Worm or Hair Worm would be my first thoughts:
Looks like either a hair worm (Cirratulidae) or a spaghetti worm (Terebellidae) to me - if the tentacles all come out from a single point, it’s a spaghetti worm; if they come out from basically all over the body it’s a hair worm.
 
Haha, sorry, been super busy - yeah, a Spaghetti Worm or Hair Worm would be my first thoughts:
It was eaten as I was taking pictures by my diamond goby, I’m guessing spaghetti worm since I purchased some, thank you so much!
EDE8CA83-8B6B-480C-B145-B3460B51AAFE.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new