ID

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! Looking for possible ID on these guys. The main part actually has speckles in them that I just can’t get to show up on camera. They hitchhiked in on a Candy Cane that has since died. I cut off the dead portions of the skeleton and moved these into a more open area and they have started growing like wild fire.

02009FCB-1FDD-4D59-BBEB-0A8B5D0CE8CD.jpeg

tjohnson3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mohawks… colors are about right, and the fact that you said growing like wildfire gives it away. They’re very beautiful but also very invasive

OP
OP
Trouble1375

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mohawks… colors are about right, and the fact that you said growing like wildfire gives it away. They’re very beautiful but also very invasive
We have them in a corner by themselves. The only thing close by is a rock of 7 huge hairy mushrooms. They can take over the whole corner if they want.

tjohnson3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have them in a corner by themselves. The only thing close by is a rock of 7 huge hairy mushrooms. They can take over the whole corner if they want.
Lol they’ll take over more than that, for sure! Some people will even go as far as considering them a pest in their tanks, and ridding them altogether. I bought a frag of about 4 polyps not knowing any better… turned into about 100 in 3 months time

OP
OP
Trouble1375

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol they’ll take over more than that, for sure! Some people will even go as far as considering them a pest in their tanks, and ridding them altogether. I bought a frag of about 4 polyps not knowing any better… turned into about 100 in 3 months time
We’ve had them for probably 8-10 months and they started as 3 polyps on the candy canes. The candy canes bailed for some reason and these just sat there looking sad. I clipped the dead branches and moved them out of the shade about a month ago and now we have about 13 polyps. The Rastas are actually growing faster than these. We have a 125 that is is dedicated to mostly Zoas and Shrooms and Chyphestreas with a small euphyllia garden at one end. We started out as FOWLR just over 2 years ago and when we had to fallow due to ICH we added some Zoas and Shrooms so the tank didn’t look so empty.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back