Zoanthid and ????

Luckki

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2024
Messages
137
Reaction score
191
Location
OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a mini colony of zoanthids from a local shop. The zoanthids were growing on what looks like some kind LPS skeleton. Maybe a candy cane coral?
IMG_6318.JPEG
IMG_6317.JPEG
This colony was part of a break down from someone that was getting out of the hobby. I am curious what the bright green is on this colony is. It looks puffy like a single polyp. Could this be from the skeleton that they said was dead? When I bought this coral it was not there. After about three days in my tank it showed up. If you have any information that would be helpful.

Thank you
 
could be a candycane polyp developing, or maybe a mushroom? it looks cool though and the zoas are great looking as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new