Ideal Placement for Strawberry Wines?

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody wanna share their thoughts on where they have found this one does well? I'm down to a single polyp and would really like to keep it going this time (2nd time around). TIA

I

inactive

View Badges
Well, first you have to ask yourself... is it the placement that is giving the SW a hard time?... or something else?

SW seems to be a pretty easy to care for polyp, I have some blasted underneath my Illuminarium 120w LED fixture in Jenova, some off to the side in lower lighting and several polyps under 6x54w T5 + 30w Reef Brite 50/50 and I have not had any issues at all. All specimens are in various amounts of flow as well.... The polyps under my LED fixture are in higher flow/high light... and others in low light and flow... both are doing great :)

Is it possible you have a pest/predator in the tank giving your polyps issues?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
When I first got mine, I had them in full light, but down pretty low.
I was a little disappointed because they seemed so small. But after a couple weeks I moved them off to the side with a little bit of shade, the polyps are looking alot better and are growing.

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, first you have to ask yourself... is it the placement that is giving the SW a hard time?... or something else?

SW seems to be a pretty easy to care for polyp, I have some blasted underneath my Illuminarium 120w LED fixture in Jenova, some off to the side in lower lighting and several polyps under 6x54w T5 + 30w Reef Brite 50/50 and I have not had any issues at all. All specimens are in various amounts of flow as well.... The polyps under my LED fixture are in higher flow/high light... and others in low light and flow... both are doing great :)

Is it possible you have a pest/predator in the tank giving your polyps issues?

Thanks Kray - so pest/predators present - I think its more a issue of stress from shipping perhaps than anything.

i know they grow well in high flow. lighting moderate.

When I first got mine, I had them in full light, but down pretty low.
I was a little disappointed because they seemed so small. But after a couple weeks I moved them off to the side with a little bit of shade, the polyps are looking alot better and are growing.

Thanks guys, I'll try that and see how they do. mfinn, thanks for the info, perhaps part of my issue is I also was expecting a larger polyp.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 168 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back