Ideal pvc diameter for 90 gallon

Spydersweb

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2017
Messages
86
Reaction score
47
Location
Denver
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I’m about to start building a sump for my 90 gallon aquarium. I’m just wondering if there’s an “ideal” inside diameter for the intake and return plumbing. The bulkheads that are built in have a 1 1/2 inch diameter. Should I go with this size, or would a 1” or 1 1/4” be better based on personal experiences? It will be a FOWLR, if that matters.
Thank you in advance to whoever can help me with this.
 
you need to use the bulkhead that the hole was made for. If you want to reduce you can do that with added plumbing parts.
 
Yeah, that I kind of figured. I’m going to be plumbing the return up the back of the aquarium though. Should I stick with the 1 1/2 for the return, or do a 1 1/4 or 1?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new