Ideal settings for G4 XR30 pro?

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2010
Messages
1,155
Reaction score
677
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tank that's 32Lx24Wx22 deep (water surface to sand bed=depth).

I'm running stock lenses and currently 8.25" from the waters surface. I'm stocking pretty much just Zoa and paly, maybe some other softies, and an anemone on the sand bed.

1. How far off the surface should I mount the light? I'm getting just a little bit of shadowing at the left and right edges

2. What's the max intensity I should run the light during the day? I was running at 80% with coral lab "soft coral" scheme and my anemone was shrinking mid day and coming out more at morning/night. It seems happier at 50% max intensity
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new