Ideas may be good. new tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter that guy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

that guy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2025
Messages
71
Reaction score
80
Location
Huntsville, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a red sea tank today. I have a proclear 200 currently. My plan for the build is going to be a little unconventional. Anyone with ideas can feel free to let me know. Both tanks are 5'x2'x2'. I wanted a 10' tank but 2 5' tanks is close enough. That will place me close to 400 gal total volume while making the tank a better place in theory.
My plan is to run the tanks in the corner. Then build a bridge 1'x1' between the 2. That way the lions, panther grouper, and all others can hopefully travel freely. This will also give a chance for the mandarin to have more of a chance since he is smaller than the current food for the carnivores.

b2c2c3af-b8ca-48fd-80c7-02a75b00ea22.jpg
Current
5e9a6329-b2b2-49d6-8508-cd0b507833f8.jpg
New
 
I picked up a red sea tank today. I have a proclear 200 currently. My plan for the build is going to be a little unconventional. Anyone with ideas can feel free to let me know. Both tanks are 5'x2'x2'. I wanted a 10' tank but 2 5' tanks is close enough. That will place me close to 400 gal total volume while making the tank a better place in theory.
My plan is to run the tanks in the corner. Then build a bridge 1'x1' between the 2. That way the lions, panther grouper, and all others can hopefully travel freely. This will also give a chance for the mandarin to have more of a chance since he is smaller than the current food for the carnivores.

b2c2c3af-b8ca-48fd-80c7-02a75b00ea22.jpg
Current
5e9a6329-b2b2-49d6-8508-cd0b507833f8.jpg
New
I do realize there are some mushrooms and polyps. The coris is flipping them over so they wont be replaced after it destroies the corals I have. Plus wife wants angels so they can just be food if thats how it goes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new