Ideas/Help Moving 200g Tank Norcal

  • Thread starter Thread starter pete_d
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pete_d

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2022
Messages
30
Reaction score
30
Location
Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on moving my new 200g tank about 150ft onto its stand soon. I have a pallet jack to move the tank to about 15ft from the stand. A lift table would help a ton but there doesn't seem to be a company near me in the north bay that rents them out. Does anyone know where I might be able to rent one? There are a few places that can rent out suction cups so that shouldn't be a problem. Any ideas are welcome. As for the man power, anyone want to help? Or know of someone I can call to help out. Moving a tank that weights over 400lbs can be tricky.
 
I plan on moving my new 200g tank about 150ft onto its stand soon. I have a pallet jack to move the tank to about 15ft from the stand. A lift table would help a ton but there doesn't seem to be a company near me in the north bay that rents them out. Does anyone know where I might be able to rent one? There are a few places that can rent out suction cups so that shouldn't be a problem. Any ideas are welcome. As for the man power, anyone want to help? Or know of someone I can call to help out. Moving a tank that weights over 400lbs can be tricky.
Have you given consideration to asking any LFSes or tank maintenance companies if they'd be willing to move it for you?
 
Heavy duty suction cups, possibly a table jack if you can find one for rest (Hardest part is getting it off the ground to the side of stand). I had six people to move my tank, I feel like having a few extra is always helpful.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new