Ideas on magnetic front panel for stand

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mtk1988
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mtk1988

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2020
Messages
51
Reaction score
14
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
So im wondering if anyone has also used magnets to hold the front panel or side panels on ur diy tank stand if u could post pics and the magnets used
 
I have a magnetic front panel. Make sure you counter sink the magnets on your stand, so your panel sits flush. I think I detailed it in my stand build video:
 
Thanks man I appreciate the feedback
 
I just used some cheap ones from amazon. They do not hold the weight of the panels just hold it to the stand.
 
IMG_8611.jpeg

IMG_8610.jpeg

Neodymium magnet attached to a light gauge angle screwed to the frame, with a light gauge plate screwed to the pop-off door.

Base of pop-off door sits on a trim piece at the base of the frame, so magnets only hold the door on, not up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new