Identification of things on a reef

I added new live rock and had all aiptasia dissapear after years of war with them, id try biological control like a nudibranch manual/chemical removal just doesn't work well enough. But ya be ready for a battle they're not easy to get rid of.
 
Hello I have this growing on one of my live rocks just curious if anyone can identify it
Welcome!

whale GIF
 
Welcome to R2R!!!
 
Welcome to R2R. Hope you sort the aiptasia problem. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 
I started with one, then a few. Tried everything to keep them under control, all the pastes, chemicals, nudi's, 16 peppermint shrimps, Filefish. They just exploded out of control, had to remove all my rocks, sterilize them. they were also growing between zoa polyps. Cleaned out the fuge, filter box, replaced all lines and hoses and cleaned overflow weirs. Had to frag my coral colonies that were 6 years old. Good luck with yours. 75 gallon with 5 gallon fuge and 10 gallon sump.
Had them under control for a couple years until I transferred everything but the sand from 46 bowfront to 75 gallon, that is when they over ran my tank.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new