Identification of worm in sand

fractalnomad93

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
los angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help identifying this worm that I found in my saltwater tank. It was crawling in the sand. There are multiple worms. Asked my lfs and non of them have seen anything like this. Towards the end of the video you can see a diamond like pattern on the body. They are very small I would say 3/8 of an inch long and thin
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4049.mov
    71.4 MB
worm.PNG
 
Last edited:
Thank you for the identification i appreciate it. I was terrified when my lfs said it could be a bobbit worm. And thinking there are like 10 I could visually see. And this being my first reef tank not really knowing how I would get rid of them.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new