Identify and Care Advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jeff70227
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jeff70227

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I am new to the hobby here and a few months ago I committed the cardinal sin of purchasing coral. I bought something without researching it. It looked cool at the store, but now I am struggling with how to care for it. I looked around and thought it might be a cephastria (sp) but I dunno. Can anyone identify this coral and tell me how to care for it? It looks to be like it's dying with the plug starting to show from the bottom there. I have a 40 gallon cube tank (Eco Recife by Aquatop) with the standard LED light bar it came with. My parameters that I test - Salinity - 1.025, Amonia - .25, Nitrate, Phosphate and Nitrite are all unreadable by the API test kit. I have tried placing the coral in less bright spot in the tank with high flow, in brighter spots in the tank too. Nothing seems to be working. Any help would be appreciated.

Orange Coral.jpg
 
Looks like a leptastria, not sure on the spelling lol. Its LPS coral similar care as a cyphastrea, lepto, or favia. Lowish light and medium flow, nothing special for care really and should do well.
 
Post this in the LPS section and you are bound to get some more detailed care advice, but they always have been pretty easy for me.

BTW - dont bother testing ammonia with API if your tank is more than a few months old.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new