Identify my Anemone?

duzins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Can you assist in identifying my anemone? Just placed in tank so not yet found his location but I’d like to know what kind he is so I can best care for him
IMG_1694.jpeg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
seems like a VERY bleached bubble tip anemone. could also likely be a long tentacle anemone that is also very bleached.

how new is your tank? water parameters?

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an LTA to me but could just be position. Got a pic of the mouth? Does the foot show any verracue?

OP
OP
duzins

duzins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 3 mos, started with 6 gal of startup water from the fish store, aquacultured 'live' rocks and 'live' sand, so even though we waited the full time for cycles before putting fish in, the parameters were good almost immediately. Currently, salinity is 1.025, nitrates/nitrates are at 0 (or at the first color on the stick), ph is 8, carbonate is 80 (8 dKH). The clowns and anemone were bonded when I bought them, which is why I brought them all home at once.

OP
OP
duzins

duzins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an LTA to me but could just be position. Got a pic of the mouth? Does the foot show any verracue?
I tried to get a pic of his mouth, but couldn't get it. Here's a video - might can get a better look with it.

--edit--

Nevermind, couldn't get the video to upload.

OP
OP
duzins

duzins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have this photo from the pet store a few months back - it's the same anemone.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-12-29 at 3.02.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-29 at 3.02.53 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
OP
OP
duzins

duzins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's standard wet live rock but not real ocean rock removed from the ocean. Sorry, still learning lingo.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's standard wet live rock but not real ocean rock removed from the ocean. Sorry, still learning lingo.
That's ok, welcome to R2R. Let's of helpful folks around here.

I think you may be going too fast. There is a saying that "Nothing good in this hobby happens fast."

I would not add anything else until the tank has time to mature. Maybe 4 to 6 months down the road. See how things go for awhile.

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly think you have taken things to fast. Not tying to bash you or anything. Get 2years out of the tank and you will have a much more happier and stable system.

OP
OP
duzins

duzins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all - he does seem to be an LTA. I don't plan to add anything else for a long time. I'm just crossing my fingers that these three stay healthy.

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LTA. Have always kept one myself. Build a cave big enough for it's body on the sand bed. Slide it's foot inside then cover it with either a bowl or netting. Turn off flow. This type of anemone will only attach to the glass. It may move across a rock but it won't stay on one.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thank you all - he does seem to be an LTA. I don't plan to add anything else for a long time. I'm just crossing my fingers that these three stay healthy.
stability is key. make sure your water parameters are where they should be for optimal care/growth. it's a process, so take your time and enjoy as the tank matures.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 150 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back