Identify Mystery Coral

NoMu Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

I have no clue what type of coral this is or where I should place it. Please help me out.

Fennel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that is pagoda cup, what is this?

Attachments

• IMG_20210427_171149.jpg
    IMG_20210427_171149.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 25

Fennel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a pagoda cup. Once it got in tank and adapted it greened up and the tentacles are beige. I bought it thinking I knew what it was. Coral can be dangerous and downright deadly so I don't collect soft corals, just to be safe.. I enjoy the Stony ones, beautiful, safer. Yet, if you don't know what it is, don't get it is kind of the rule even with Stony coral.. thanks for the time. ..fixing to take biology in college, the coral is incentive.. take care.

OP
OP
NoMu Fish

NoMu Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a pagoda cup. Once it got in tank and adapted it greened up and the tentacles are beige. I bought it thinking I knew what it was. Coral can be dangerous and downright deadly so I don't collect soft corals, just to be safe.. I enjoy the Stony ones, beautiful, safer. Yet, if you don't know what it is, don't get it is kind of the rule even with Stony coral.. thanks for the time. ..fixing to take biology in college, the coral is incentive.. take care.
Unrelated but speaking on the Biology major in college. I am a Junior, about to be senior biology major, haven't even discussed corals unfortunately! However, work hard and you'll do fine!

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pagoda cup, likely Turbinaria peltata as it has pretty large polyps. The Turbinaria genus has 11 species, sizes of the coralites vary between species. Here's a link to the Australian Institure of Marine Science database on corals. A more detailed refference would be J. E. N. Veron's "Corals of the WOrld"

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back