Identify this green anemone that is spreading

Mark Derail

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2017
Messages
250
Reaction score
212
Location
Montreal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at this green dude. He's just chilling and spreading.

I've gotten rid of the aptasia - I had quite a few of them in this rescue tank.

Not sure about this little fella - except that he's spreading!

He is cute.

View attachment 586522

green.dude.jpg
 
Last edited:
When I put some unfrozen mysis shrimp for food, and the Paly catches one, he brings it to the middle, completely folds up when swallowing. Then 10 minutes later he's waving for more.

Thanks guys!
 
you could separate that rock with them on it from the rest of your aqua scape so they only colonize that rock or they may take over your tank someday
 
google palytoxin it is rare but you should know about it
 
google palytoxin it is rare but you should know about it

That is SCARY stuff. My current main tank it too small (48 x 12 x 20h) to put that rock separate, I have too many live rocks. I could isolate just that one rock in a 5g tank, but it's growing on one of my nicest & largest rock. If I kill them and get toxin, it kills that whole rock, would be sad.

The cute little buggers are growing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new