!!!! IF CHOPPED UP, WILD TENI & STUFF JUST ISN'T YOUR YOUR BAG.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have good news! I sell Battleboxes and custom packs filled with lots of captive raised sps! You can’t go wrong!

Follow link below, or enter code "DOING A BOX THIS WEEK" for 13% off any size Battlebox. Going to let this one run all week! Same day shipping available on any size box up till 2:00 the day of. All comments welcome

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 7.57.18 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 8.12.24 AM.png

Last edited:

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I order now and get it in 3 weeks? Spring break coming, then work travel etc. Don't want new frags in inexperienced tank sitter hands.
This has been an option as long as I can remember. Adam held my first battlebox for almost a month and a half.

Sorry about that by the way, Adam.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can I order now and get it in 3 weeks? Spring break coming, then work travel etc. Don't want new frags in inexperienced tank sitter hands.
Heck yeah. I still have Black Friday orders on my desk! Honestly ever any pressure to get stuff out right away. can literally hold you order for years if you need me to. you guys know who you are. lol

But again zero pressure from my end to ship. Not having to race an inevitable, impending color change, in barnacle ridden frags, is another one of the benefits of captive sps. :)

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yeah. I still have Black Friday orders on my desk! Honestly ever any pressure to get stuff out right away. can literally hold you order for years if you need me to. you guys know who you are. lol

But again zero pressure from my end to ship. Not having to race an inevitable, impending color change, in barnacle ridden frags, is another one of the benefits of captive sps. :)
That’s me… I’m one of the guilty parties..:downcast-face-with-sweat:
Christmas GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

big will ferrell GIF

Sad Happy Hour GIF

I Understand Will Ferrell GIF by reactionseditor
will ferrell GIF
Embarrassing GIF

Adam I will shoot you a email to schedule a delivery soon. You da Man!
Will Ferrell Old School Movie GIF

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good point about the barnacles and lack thereof on captive acros. In your experience, how long do barnacles live on these freshly imported acros?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good point about the barnacles and lack thereof on captive acros. In your experience, how long do barnacles live on these freshly imported acros?
good question

If you see a live barnacle then it's pretty certain the frag or wild colony wasn't dipped or treated properly, if at all. And has not been captive long. In my experience they don't usually get through the Dip/QT process, and/or I'll end up gouging out the guts at some point. lol. I don't think they live very long otherwise, or at least do not reproduce in captivity. fortunately for us. Maybe someone can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong there.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good question

If you see a live barnacle then it's pretty certain the frag or wild colony wasn't dipped or treated properly, if at all. And has not been captive long. In my experience they don't usually get through the Dip/QT process, and/or I'll end up gouging out the guts at some point. lol. I don't think they live very long otherwise, or at least do not reproduce in captivity. fortunately for us. Maybe someone can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong there.
Funny you mention that.. I just saw a hg torch with a barnacle on it.. still wanted $600 for 2 heads lol

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good question

Thanks... something to think about when we get high dollar corals that still have barnacles.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good question

Coral boring spinoids do reproduce in captivity. They're much more of a threat than barnacles.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Coral boring spinoids do reproduce in captivity. They're much more of a threat than barnacles.
Yeah I agree. barnacles are otherwise pretty benign, but still a good indicator of a chopped up wild coral, in my opinion.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back