If my fish look hungry do I keep feeding them more?

kingkapoor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my 3 inch blue tang, 2.5 inch yellow tang, and 2 1 inch clowns a total of (Daily)
1 cube of mysis with selcon/garlic
2x4 sheet of nori

The nori seems to be the right amount because the tangs just about finish the entire amount over the entire day, it takes them from 9am to near 8 pm (lights out) to finish everything
But whenever I come near the tank they always want me to feed them mysis shrimp. Should I 2x the feeding and cut the amount in half? Should I give them more mysis? Not sure.

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish will always look hungry, and always dance around when they see you because they are pigs who associate you with food. As long as they look healthy and are not getting thin, you are most likely feeding enough. IMO you are feeding plenty for 4 small fish.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish will always look hungry, and always dance around when they see you because they are pigs who associate you with food. As long as they look healthy and are not getting thin, you are most likely feeding enough. IMO you are feeding plenty for 4 small fish.
+1

Silverfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish will always make you think they are hungry. Little buggers will act the same 5 minutes after eating. Miller is right. They might be pulling your heart strings but if the look healthy they r getting fed enough.

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember also that those tangs graze a bit throughout the day as well. Don't let them sucker you into their trap! A little bit of excess food isn't necessarily bad if you have some clean-up critters lurking either. If your nutrient levels aren't showing signs of overfeeding (and the fish look healthy as already mentioned), you're good!

Back