If you are considering the Sicce scuba contactless heater....

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the orville john lamarr GIF by Fox TV

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All joking aside I am really curious why the OP has a high opinion of the heater. I looked at one a few weeks ago and ultimately decided the app connectivity for a heater is not necessary, and apparently you have to get your phone incredibly close to the heater for the connection to even work.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it also had wifi. Which would be cool, 2 of those and at least you will know when somethings off if the reported temp is differing, but if its just BT and its just doing what a knob would do on a cheapo heater, I wouldn't bother.

Edit: Oh dang, its NFC, that's a no go for me. I'd have to reach my phone in the back of my tank to use the read temp feature.

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
All joking aside I am really curious why the OP has a high opinion of the heater. I looked at one a few weeks ago and ultimately decided the app connectivity for a heater is not necessary, and apparently you have to get your phone incredibly close to the heater for the connection to even work.

Exactly. This is a goofy gimmick. Wifi? Sure. I might bite. Because what I really hate about the Helios is how dang big the controller is. But NFC? Not a chance. You basically have to touch your phone to the heater to make it work.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly. This is a goofy gimmick. Wifi? Sure. I might bite. Because what I really hate about the Helios is how dang big the controller is. But NFC? Not a chance. You basically have to touch your phone to the heater to make it work.
Reading reviews, you actually do have to unplug the heater and remo e it to set.

The read feature is to read what its currently set at, I thought it was to read current actual temp.

It is a fun gimick that I would totally welcome if a preset heater with the same build quality was only slightly cheaper.

OP
OP
Jeremy_d

Jeremy_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the contactless part is sort of gimmicky, but it works. After I set the temp I dropped it in and have had no swings in temp more than 1 degree. My eheim jager would routinely allow the water to cool down to 74 from 77.5-78 and after a few weeks the Scuba hasnt done that. I am very impressed with it.
Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV
coral GIF

Marine Life Fish GIF by Oceana
They Live Michelle GIF by Astrid and Lilly Save The World

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a big sicce fanboy, I use a lot of their pumps and other products. I think they are well built, affordable, and overall they are great. That being said, I don't understand this product and why anyone would want an NFC heater. I try to keep my phone away from my tank if I can help it lol. I usually set my heater once and never touch it again, so I'm not sure why this feature is even needed. I do like the 5 year warranty though, you don't see that on heaters. For that reason I may check them out in the future when my current heaters go out.

I've been using two BRS titanium heaters with an inkbird controller for over 4 years now. I set it once and have never touched it since. Of course now that I say that, I'm sure something bad will happen...

OP
OP
Jeremy_d

Jeremy_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a big sicce fanboy, I use a lot of their pumps and other products. I think they are well built, affordable, and overall they are great. That being said, I don't understand this product and why anyone would want an NFC heater. I try to keep my phone away from my tank if I can help it lol. I usually set my heater once and never touch it again, so I'm not sure why this feature is even needed. I do like the 5 year warranty though, you don't see that on heaters. For that reason I may check them out in the future when my current heaters go out.

I've been using two BRS titanium heaters with an inkbird controller for over 4 years now. I set it once and have never touched it since. Of course now that I say that, I'm sure something bad will happen...
Yeah I have been using Eheim Jagers for a long time, but the 5 year warranty convinced me to switch. The NFC setting was nice to use though. I was able to set the temp of the heater before I plugged it in and then stuck it in the sump and let it fly. I monitored the temp religiously over the next few days and I had no swings like I had with the Jaeger, they were the same wattage as well, so not sure what magic Sicce uses but it works. I also use their pumps in my water change system

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back