Ignitus Anthias?

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these an easier or more difficult species to keep? Trying to gather info before i make a purchase. I feed twice daily

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ignitus is the Indian Ocean version of the Dispar. Both moderate IME. Maybe not Bartlett or Lyretail easy, but also not Evansi or Tuka hard. I've not found the smaller sized anthias species to adapt particularly well to a community tank. They require the typical frequent feeding of most anthias species, but can get intimidated and not get enough food. Interestingly LA lists the Ignitus as easy, but the dispar as moderate when they're essentially the same fish. It's an error IMO.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of the Franzia complex, bartletts, Squareback, bimacs, Pictilis .... But in my view they need space, nominally a 6 ft tank.

Cornerboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carberryi and Resplendent are the other 2 i have been thinking about for whatevee that is worth

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't kept carberryi for a while, but have a quartet of resplendent/randalls currently. Latter do ok, but again suffer in my view in a boisterous community tank. I originally started out with 7 females and 1 male. Male surfed onto the top of my overflow cover and couldn't wiggle himself off apparently; biggest female made the change. The three smaller females couldn't compete and disappeared. The male and three remaining larger females have done fine and been stable now for a couple of years. You can see the three females in this video. They spend all their time in and under the coral heads. Male is quite reclusive.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunset anthias are some of my favourites, never kept them tho just a suggestion if you're looking into others
I have a pair of flavos but might not do well in a too boisterous tank, but mine seem fine with my lyretails

Nice tank btw calor

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • None.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.1%
Back