IM 10 Gallon Nano Tank

vinny110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

here's my IM 10 gallon tank, got an hammer coral frag along with a leather coral. Also have my pair
of clowns.

Lighting- Kessil a160 tuna blue.

I usually do water change every 2 weeks.

Btw, anyone local in Orlando, Fl area have frags to sell under $10? would like add 2 or 3 more corals.

IMG_8105.JPG

bontrager

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice, thank you for sharing. Are you using a protein skimmer and or carbon, etc.?

How bout a picture in full lighting.

I have a 20 gallon IM that I am waiting to start

OP
OP
vinny110

vinny110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks, no protein skimmer...just chemi pure- its ideal for nano reefs. I'll get a better picture later with my wife's phone, i'm using iphone 6 and the quality is not that good.

bontrager

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your quick response.
I have some ChemiPure Elite (couldn't think of the name when I was commenting; I'm old). I have also upgraded the caddies and purchased the spin stream outlets. Also have purchased 20 lbs of CaribSea Life Rock(https://www.marinedepot.com/CaribSe...eef_Aquariums-CaribSea-CS25376-FISSLR-vi.html) that is in the tank (no water as of yet). Looks to be too much rock but was going for the 1 lb per gallon recommendation. It's infused with spored live bacteria but come dry and fully colored.

I will remove about 5 lbs before I start.

On a previous tank ( failed because of my lack of maintenance) I purchased real live rock from Florida but came with a mantis shrimp that killed the snails and hermit crabs.

Dublo8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate that white mesh top. I ditched mine before I even filled the tank. Get some of the 1/4" screen from BRS and replace it. It reflects a ton of light back into the room and reduces how much gets to your tank. Either way. Great little tank you have there, I love mine. Good luck.

OP
OP
vinny110

vinny110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate that white mesh top. I ditched mine before I even filled the tank. Get some of the 1/4" screen from BRS and replace it. It reflects a ton of light back into the room and reduces how much gets to your tank. Either way. Great little tank you have there, I love mine. Good luck.
Can you post a picture of your tank ? :)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 19.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 136 76.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back